Sunday, January 3, 2010

The "Last Supper"

Today's the day...the final day of eating as I've known it all of my life!

After today, eating will only serve the purpose of sustaining life! It won't be the focus of a celebration, it won't be a comforter on a bad day, it won't be the thing I turn to when I'm bored.

I've planned a dinner out with my husband and kids for tonight. I'll enjoy one last meal that will probably be a ridiculously large portion (aren't they all in restaurants?), and most likely I'll over indulge with a dessert as well. Why? I don't know why I want this ritualistic farewell...but I do. My hope is that this will help me close this chapter of the romance between me and food.

The good news is I know that this whole experience is going to require major changes and commitments on my part. So instead of eating my way through anger, sadness, loneliness, boredom, and happiness. I will have to commit to exercising on a regular basis! It's a bit scary, but even more so - it's exciting!

I fully intend to use the next year to not only lose weight. My healthy goal is much bigger than that. If I'm going to go through the work of becoming physically healthy, why leave the job partially done? To become truly healthy I need to be physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Surgery and the changes it requires tackle the physical. Emotional health will be a HUGE learning experience and I suspect this may be the hardest part! And for spiritual health...this will require me to recommit to regular study and worship time.

OK - so now that we know where I'm headed it's off to my last day of this old life! :) Today I will go to the store to be sure I have what I need and that there are ample groceries to feed my kids and husband. I'm excited....I'm going to the store, but it feels like an adventure! I'm preparing my home for a healthier me!

Until next time...Hugs, Prayers, & Last Day of Behaving Like a "Big" Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment