Monday, January 4, 2010

First Dose of Disappointment....

Well, I suppose I knew going into this that there were going to lots of ups and downs. I didn't expect the first dose of disappointment to find me so soon though.

Since my last post I happily went to the grocery store to stock up on all of my sugar free goodies (jello and popsicles) and drink mixes, then it was off to a counseling session. I had a great session that addressed my need for control and perfectionism as it will relate to my time on the liquid diet and weight loss in general. After that I decided to squeeze in one more fast food run, and made my way over to an Arbys. Just as I sat down with my food my cell phone rang....it was the bariatric center. The surgeon I have chosen had just confirmed with his secretary that he will be out of town for a conference the week I am scheduled for surgery. Of course she can't move it up sooner....She is going to have to shuffle some people around to try and fit me in the following week. Now we are looking at January 26th instead of the 20th. I know, I know....it's only 6 more days. Unfortunately to me it seems like forever!

As I fought back the urge to cry over my lunch I kept thinking, "but this was supposed to be the last day. I was supposed to be moving on to a healthier me tomorrow." Then it dawned on me! I guess it really doesn't matter if I start a liquid diet tomorrow or not. I can still be in control of food instead of letting it control me. Even though I 'm disappointed, I'm still moving on tomorrow.

Until next time...Hugs, Prayers & Tomorrows A New Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment