Wednesday, February 17, 2010

YUMMY!!

I have to admit, I get tired of having a "limited" diet and I am missing cooking and sharing yummy meals with my family. But I find the more that I can add to my diet the closer I get to sharing dishes with the rest of my family. After talking to the dietician yesterday I found a great way to share a spaghetti dinner with the rest of the family.

First - substitute ground turkey for the ground beef in the sauce.
Second - look at the sugar/serving in the sauce. I was personally shocked at how much this varies by brand! I was told to look for sauce with less than 6 grams or less of sugar/serving. I found the Hunts brand only had 5!
Third - Don't eat the noodles. Instead, I put my sauce over about 1 1/2 ounces of ricotta cheese. Much to my surprise, ricotta cheese has 5 grams of protein per serving (which was about 2 ounces).

Post-surgery or not, this was yummy! It was like getting the best of spaghetti or lasagna without the noodles. And I didn't even miss them!

Until next time...Hugs, Prayers & Mmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment