Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wednesday's Routine

So I've taken a couple of days off from writing because there just wasn't much to write about. Today though I had to check in and report on my recovery.

For the most part I've still been feeling rather good. I'm finally able to wear regular jeans again without a problem! Yeah! It's especially nice when the jeans are noticeably looser!

However, the one big downside to the recovery process still remains with having a bowel movement. I went 7 days again. :( It's just so uncomfortable, but the Milk of Magnesia did the trick again. I will be checking in with the dietician again next week, and hopefully I'll be able to add something to the diet to get things back in working order. Unfortunately Milk of Magnesia after 7 days makes for a pretty uncomfortable day and lots of time in the bathroom. But, I survived...we'll see how the next week goes!

I am pretty excited that I have a wedding to go to this weekend. It'll be my first BIG outing since surgery! My black dress from a couple of Christmas' ago has ties in the back, so I can still wear it. I'm kind of glad I don't have to go out looking for something to wear, but I know this will be the last time I can wear this dress....YEAH!

I was feeling awkward about sitting through the reception dinner and not eating. But I found out that we are at a table with a bunch of people that work with my husband and all already know about my surgery...so....no explanation during the meal! Whew....that definitely eliminates the awkwardness that could have been!

Well, after 7pm my brain seems to shut down lately, so that's it for tonight.

Until next time...Hugs, Prayers & Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment