Monday, February 15, 2010

Sleep Is A Beautiful Thing!!!

So my co-morbid condition that qualified me for surgery is sleep apnea. When I went in for consultations prior to surgery they kept telling me that just losing about 10% of my body weight would help with the sleep apnea.

I just realized over the last week or so that it has made a HUGE difference in my sleeping! I am able to sleep through the night most nights. I'm not wearing my mask at night anymore. I am not waking myself up snoring anymore. I'm not keeping my husband awake with snoring anymore. I wake up feeling somewhat rested. (Still not as awake as I'd like to be, but I think we are getting there!)

After getting a decent nights sleep I find that I have more energy in the morning. Granted, it's gone shortly after lunch....but I think some of that has to do with still healing from surgery. I'm very excited about this realization! It definitely encourages me to stay on track!!

Until next time...Hugs, Prayers & Sleeping Really Is A Beautiful Thing!

1 comment:

  1. I love sleep!!! I'm not sure I could sleep without my cpap any more, though.

    ReplyDelete